
I
HAVE AN UNDENIABLE OBSESSION with printed fabrics that billow in the lightest
wind. Add my favorite color blue in the mix and you have one happy shopper. What
really sold me to this fabric, however, was this beautiful ethnic print that
harmoniously contrasts its background –
there
is one oxymoron for you to pounder on. Since I feared that by cutting this
fabric it will lose the beauty of its print, I decided to make yet another
kaftan dress
{this
ONE is from last summer} that would be perfect for the current heat
wave that just keeps hitting and hitting us.
For a person born in the summer, I seriously detest the heat.
There is nothing more I hate than having my clothes stick to my skin which is
why I hide throughout the day like a mole…that has air-conditioning, and emerge
right around sunset when the weather cools down and the light is perfect for
taking photos. I also keep making these billowing summer dresses that are light
as air and perfect for fighting against the heat. Not to mention how the kid in
me loves twirling and twirling and twirling…I get dizzy just thinking about it.

I have to tell you, there is little philosophy behind making
a kaftan dress. You can make it as well! It requires little sewing skills and
if you don’t have a sewing machine, you can also handsew it. You only need two
square pieces of fabric and all you do is sew the two fabrics together at the
shoulders, making sure to leave enough space for your head to come through. I
also deepened the front collar just because it looks better on me, but you can
skip that step. Once you are done with that, put the dress on and take pins to
pin together the pieces on each side of your waist so you can have an easier
time sewing them together later. And voila! Now go and twirl, and twirl, and twirl…
Tell
me what you think in the comments and thank you for stopping by!
ASPIRE HIGHER!
Lots
of love,
Dilek
_______________________________________________________
O U T F I T D E T A I
L S:
Sandals: Stradivarius // Bag: Zara// Earrings: Koton
_______________________________________________________
Labels: Outfit