DIY SCARF KAFTAN DRESS

드디어 해냈다!
(I finally did it!)
           

           FOR THE LONGEST TIME, MY mom had the idea of putting two scarfs together and making a shirt that would be perfect for the hot summer days. It was not until some months ago did we finally decide on purchasing two scarfs to be used as sacrificial lambs in order to realize my mother's idea. Being an avid fan of the incredibly creative Shini  from the blog PARK&CUBE , I was of course acquainted with her post on making a DIY Scarf Kaftan Dress. So, instead of making a shirt, I decided on replicating the same dress she had made. 
           As you may have noticed, I have also boarded that same blindingly-bright-colors-for-summer train that everybody else is currently on, so naturally, I gravitated towards this bright orange color with a fun floral print. I belted the dress in order to emphasize my waist and wore one of my favorite pair of sandals I got few years back. It is a very simple dress to make and I would recommend it to anyone who likes silky dresses that flow so well, every time the wind picks up, you will be able to see it rippling upwards. If you are like me and have the luck of encountering brutal wind every time you wear a skirt/dress, then be ready for some Marilyn Monroe action. 
            But seriously, this dress can be your perfect sidekick against the summer heat.
            So what do you think? Would you envision yourself wearing this DIY kaftan dress?
            
Have a nice week, loves.
ASPIRE HIGHER!
lots of love,
Dilek





Labels: ,