이제부터 그런 것이 안할거에요.
(From now on, I am not doing such a thing.)
I KNOW FROM A FACT that we all, girls
especially, have pieces in our wardrobes that are waiting for
the right time to be worn, as if no
mundane occasion is good enough for us to take them out for a walk. I can’t
tell you how many pieces I have sewn that are either neatly folded or hanged in
my wardrobe that I rarely
(more like never) wear because I feel that I don't have where to wear them to. Lately, however, I have been doing quite the
opposite where I just don’t care about the place or time and I just wear what I
want to wear.
For example, last Friday I decided that I am
not going to save this top anymore and instead I am going to combine it in a
very casual outfit and wear it on a very uneventful Friday afternoon as to further challenge
myself to leave behind this constricting logic that special clothes should be
saved for special occasions. This blue peplum top is part of a suit I made last
year which you might remember from
THIS post when I first wore it to Fashion Weekend Skopje last fall.
As you can see, I ended up combining it with my favorite Mango
jeans and my Pull&Bear cut-out ankle boots in what I can only label as a fusion
of elegant and casual. A small advice I can give anyone ‘saving’ their clothes
is that it’s rarely worth it. I know the need to have a ‘back-up outfit’ if a
certain event where you need to wow
people comes along, but in reality, the period you spend waiting for that
moment is way longer than that actual moment itself (if it happens), so why waste time? With time, our tastes and our
bodies change, not to mention the volatile nature of trends which, like it or
not, influence how we view our clothes, so why waste current potential?
What are your thoughts?
Thank you for stopping by!
ASPIRE HIGHER!
hugs,
Dilek.
___________________________________________________
O
U T F I T D E T A I L S:
// Peplum Top: pattern from BurdaStyle Magazine //
//
Bag: Zara // Jeans: Mango //
// High Heel Cut Out Ankle Boots: Pull&Bear //
____________________________________________________