나 어때요? ^^
(How do I look? ^^)
I
WAS ORIGINALLY PLANNING ON skipping this season of Fashion Weekend Skopje due
to my upcoming midterms - which, by the way, make the pile of books under my
bed feel like the Boogie monster waiting to strangle me. So here I was, adamant
on not going and nose deep into my "Introduction to Marketing" PDF book when my friend calls me and says that she has tickets for not one,
not two, but three fashion shows
(I ended up watching six, by the way).
So
naturally, I did the reasonable thing:
I
said f#ck this sh!t, I have to find what to wear!
It
was an instant decision, actually. I had this royal blue suit I made during my
summer vacation, which - you can’t really tell from the picture – but consists
of a peplum top with elbow length sleeves and matching pants whose focal point
are the front slits. While I was sewing, I wasn’t intending on making a suit,
but rather two individual garments that can be worn with different pieces. I
was ecstatic when I realized that they actually look good together as a suit. This
is the only photo of me that night, and I am sure that judging by the awkward
shy leggie you can tell how shy I was standing there and having my photograph
taken. But I really wanted to commemorate this outfit and there was not other
way to do it since, as you might know, I do not own a dSLR and the dim lighting
made photos taken with my phone look horrible.
Since
the whether suddenly took a turn for the worse and it was freezing that night,
I figured a blazer was not going to cut it, so I wore my favorite coat and
created this monochromatic look which I personally loved. I love monochromatic
looks. They always look powerful.
For
those of you who don’t know this, few months ago I won a giveaway hosted by the
lovely London-based blogger/model
Natasha (You can read about it HERE) and it was precisely this clutch I am wearing. I
was afraid that the look might be too blue so I threw in some teal there for
distraction. I don't know if you have noticed, but I have a golden bracelet I rarely take off and it has a matching necklace my mom wears, and you can see me wearing them both together here.
Before
my exams swallow my life and I cease to exist for two weeks, I will just say
that I hope one day I can shoot photos with these pieces in daylight so you can
see them better.
What do you think of my look?
ASPIRE HIGHER!
lots of love,
Dilek.