DARK AMBITION


좋은 친구를 가진 사람들은 세상에서 가장 행복한 사람들이다.
(People with good friends are the happiest people in the world.)

WHEN I WAS A CHILD, I used to hate black clothes. I blame it on the Spanish telenovelas that proliferated on Macedonian TV channels throughout the 90s and the gorgeous actresses in those shows who always wore bright colors and reserved black mostly for funerals.
That said, I bought my first pair of black jeans in high school. For me that act was supposed to be a revolutionary step towards darkening my closet. Yet, even after all these years, bright colors and crisp whites still stomp everything in my closet.
Lately though, I have developed an ambition for obtaining more and more dark pieces, and although I somewhat agree with Anna Wintour (watch 73 Q’s with Anna Wintour if you don’t know what I mean) that there is nothing more boring than a head-to-toe black outfit, I still love it when some girls manage to dress all black and look spectacular. That is my goal. Now all I have to do is shop more strategically instead of running after bright colors like a kid after candy.
As I previously mentioned in THIS post, I had originally intended to buy black fabric to make the coat I am seen wearing here, yet in the last minute I drifted away from black and bought dark sprinkled gray. From the leftover fabric, I made this skirt, and used three metal zippers I had lying around with the intent to give it some pizzazz. And I am sure you remember this white shirt I made a while back and first posted about it HERE.
The necklace is a gift from a hometown friend who had it wrapped in adorable wrapping paper with Santa Claus and handed it to me saying, “Happy New Year” on Valentines day. Best mixed-holidays gift ever. (She also bought me panda socks because she knows I love cute socks! Instagram proof.) On the other hand, another friend who took these photos sacrificed the only day she had to sleep-in that week - last Sunday morning - in order to spend some time with me before I left back for the capital.
Girls, I know you will be reading this. Love you!

I hope you enjoyed these photos and have a lovely weekend!
ASPIRE HIGHER!
Hugs,
Dilek



______________________________
O U T F I T  D E T A I L S:

Coat  and Shirt patterns: Burdastyle // Skirt pattern: mine //  Ankle Boots: Bershka //  Bag: Zara // Earrings: Accessorize
______________________________

Labels: