MENSWEAR INSPIRED


가끔 남자의 패션은 여자의 패션보다 더 좋아해요.
(Sometimes I like men’s fashion more than I do women’s fashion.)
  
EVERY WINTER I GET EXCITED for one thing: making a new coat. This year I figured that my closet desperately missed a good old black coat that will ‘go with everything’. Yet, when I arrived at the fabric store, the corner with black fabrics looked so sad and desolate that I suddenly decided that, no, I don’t need a black coat that urgently, so I grabbed this dark-grey sort-of-sprinkled-with-tiny-white-dots fabric bolt and marched to the cutting table.
            Those watching Korean dramas may already know this, but the fashion in Korean dramas is killer. After watching the Korean version of Nodame Cantabile aka Tomorrow’s Cantabile aka 내일도 칸타빌레 aka …– nah just kidding, that’s it! – I fell in love with Joo Won’s (the main male character) fashion, especially his coats. So in my attempt to replicate Joo Won’s fashionably impeccable aura, I decided to make this coat resemble menswear as much as I could, starting from my fabric choice and all the way to my tailoring.  
Since nowadays I am too busy to create my own patterns, I usually turn to sewing magazines in search of patterns that can give me a base to faster develop my original idea. I found this blazer in BurdaStyle and I immediately fell in love with its lapels and the narrow waistline that gives this obviously menswear-inspired piece a more feminine touch. I, of course, opted for a longer length since I had already planned to transform this blazer pattern into a coat.
My awesome friend took these photos while I was visiting my hometown, which by the way was freezing cold. I’ve had this Calliope dress for the longest time and this winter I decided to finally start wearing it after having it hibernate for four years on my shelf. I picked the wrong trip to pack it for, but I was so adamant on wearing it, I ended up packing (and wearing) two pairs of tights and another turtleneck underneath.
Talk about layering, huh?

Have a nice start to your week!
ASPIRE HIGHER!
hugs,
Dilek.








______________________________
O U T F I T  D E T A I L S:

Coat  pattern: Burdastyle // Dress: Calliope //  Ankle Boots: Bershka //  Bag: Zara
______________________________

Labels: