REMINISCING

블로그는 제가 생각했었던 것보다 더 어려워요.
(Blogging is harder than I thought.)

ALTHOUGH I HAVE TO ADMIT that I have doubts about the grammatical accuracy of that Korean sentence – self-taught student, right here – I have no doubts about its veracity. Tomorrow (January 27th) marks one year since I created this blog to serve as a creative corner where I can share my "passion for fashion" (cliché much?). In my case, however, the main aim of my blog was to showcase the clothes I make in order to see what people who don’t know me thought. What I learned was that contrary to popular belief, blogging requires a lot of work.
            I don’t have a DSLR so sometimes I spend hours choosing and editing photos in order to make them remotely presentable. Having a blog has significantly enhanced my graphic design skills which, according to an article on PR Couture - one of my favorite go-to sites as a PR student – is one of the 5 top skills needed when working as a PR practitioner. Because I am a double-major student with English being my first major, writing for my blog has also proven to be time consuming. I always nitpick on my sentences in attempt to make them more engaging for my readers.  
            When I look back at my blog now, I see another fun addition to my long list of hobbies. I don’t regret starting my blog and working with what I've got – which currently is my Samsung Galaxy S4 camera and a 10 mp Canon digital camera – instead of procrastinating till I get a good camera. The greater the obstacles the more I want to create better content and get over them. Having a blog has also helped me partly chase away the stubborn introvert inside me. 
For Dilek Aspires’ first birthday tomorrow, I am planning on making a post with a small compilation of all my documented outfits throughout the past year. Yeah, yeah, I know. Many bloggers have already done it. So I get a B for creativity. Sue me.
In the meantime, I hope you enjoy these photos my friend and I took yesterday. I am really into burgundy and my love for blue is ever evident throughout my outfits. These are actually the pants from the suit I wore in this post HERE  and this coat is obviously my favorite coat among the ones I have made. Well, basically, I haven't bought a coat in 7 years so, yeah...among ALL my coats. I am currently making a new one, so if you are interested in seeing it stay tuned!

Thank you for reading, and, as always, never forget to
ASPIRE HIGHER!
Hugs,
Dilek 







 ______________________________
O U T F I T  D E T A I L S:

Coat and Pants patterns: Burdastyle // Turtleneck: Tera Nova //  Ankle Boots:  Il Camino //  Watch: Oriflame  
______________________________

Labels: