라벤더 잘 어울릴 것 같아요.
(I think lavender will suit it well)
TO BE QUITE HONEST WITH you, until recently, I have never thought highly of lavender as a color. These past two weeks I have been busy with making my mom a dress and my dad a pair of pants, and today I thought it was high time to make myself something new to wear.
The white pencil skirt you see in these photos (source: #Burdastyle magazine) has been on my "to do" list for quite some time now, and I always thought I would replicate it in white as well. The thing I love about this pencil skirt is its asymmetric cut which makes it less of a formal pencil skirt and more of a playful skirt. After purchasing this lavender fabric two weeks ago, I can't stop thinking that this skirt would look absolutely gorgeous in lavender as well. Since I have more fabric than necessary I am contemplating on making a crop top as well, but we will decide on that later after assessing the damage (meaning if the skirt comes out as I plan it to come out ^^).
Tomorrow, the 22nd of June, is
my birthday! I was hoping on shooting some photos with that pink dress I made
HERE, but that will have to wait as everybody who usually takes my photos is busy
(the never-ending struggle of a blogger, huh?). I am planning on spending my birthday with my family, eating a tasty cake my mom will make tonight.
QUESTION: Would you guys be interested in seeing how I make my garments? A sort of step-by-step/making-of post? Let me know!
Thank you for reading, and don't forget to
ASPIRE HIGHER!
lots of love,
Dilek.
2016 Update:
P.S. You can see the complete skirt in THIS POST.
P.P.S. Instead of a crop top, I used the rest of the fabric to make my mom a pencil skirt as well.
Labels: Working On