JUNE WAS QUITE EVENTFUL FOR me. First, I
graduated from my second department, Public Relations, so now I am officially a
double-program graduate. Shortly after, I got employed at a firm I
interned for last year. Lastly, I turned 24 on June 22nd, but sadly
was too busy to document the day on the blog as I had done the previous years.
I had an exciting birthday though.
It started with a
beautiful surprise by my new colleagues at work. They got me a little white bag
{
Instagram PROFF} which I desperately needed. Honestly, I couldn’t have picked it
better myself! After work, I rounded up some members from my Korean gang
* and
went out for some celebratory drinks. My family got me my favorite rum and Milka
chocolates and I ended my day with a carbs overdose. The funny thing is, it felt like my birthday
lasted more than one day taking in mind that I met up with other friends the
day after and that I kept on getting “late” presents even a week after my
birthday.
But hey! I am not complaining or anything!
Every year I also appreciate
the time that people take to write and send me birthday messages, regardless whether
they remembered by themselves or were prompt by annoying Facebook notifications.
It’s on days like these that you realize how much we take our connectedness
online for granted. If a one-line birthday wish from someone can make us so
happy imagine how much more we could do for each other on a daily basis if we
were not busy watching cat videos…although, admittedly, we need those too…sometimes…like
twice a day.
In case you were
confused, the outfit in these photos was not my birthday outfit,
THIS
was. Here, I am wearing a blue and white sheer overlay piece to which I added
buttons so it would close and I could wear it as a dress. You might not be able
to see it well, but I am wearing the skirt from
THIS
post underneath for that extra princess-y volume. And, of course, had to finish
off with my extra-comfortable, extra-versatile, and extra-abused Stradivarius
wedge sandals.
What do you think?
Have a nice weekend, everyone!
ASPIRE HIGHER!
*hugs*
Dilek
*none of us is actually Korean, but we
all know Korean and we are not afraid to use it.
Labels: Outfit