VINTAGE VIBE



WHILE THE REST OF THE fashion world is in uproar about the 80s and 70s, here I am, busy putting together an outfit from a nameless decade. I am still not ready to accept flares back and I doubt hairspray can make my hair stand up high enough to show the goosebumps I get by only thinking about the 80s. Perhaps I should dig up old photos of me wearing flares to ignite nostalgia for them and perhaps we should leave the 80s where they are: in the past.  

Moving on…I wore this outfit about two weeks ago. I am aware that the fabric mix in my outfit might look odd to you. Fifty percent wool top with a light jacket…in spring? Let me walk you through what happened:

I got up in the morning, walked out to the balcony, saw dark ominous clouds signalizing bloody murder, got hit by somewhat chilling wind, and decided that yes, the only way I would ever be warm enough would be if I went out with my duvet wrapped around me. Since transforming into a walking igloo is not socially acceptable in spring and since my weather app showed unbelievably high temperatures by noon, I settled for a pencil skirt and a blouse, both a mix of wool and cotton. None of my warmer jackets seemed to compliment the combo and I was apprehensive about wearing a coat. I was also running very late. So I decided to take a chance by wearing a thinner jacket and braced myself with my big umbrella.

The jacket was a good idea, the wool wasn’t. 

The moment I reached the bus station, the clouds parted Moses style and I could almost hear the weather’s evil laugh as it said: “Make way clouds and let the sun burn that overly dressed mortal!”

*Sign* Sometimes I wish the weather could materialize in human form just so I could smack it with my umbrella. I still liked how the colors complimented each other and despite having to wash everything once I got back home, I wore this outfit again. I guess I fell in love with the overall vintage vibe of the outfit, although that could be credited to the fact that both top and skirt are older than me {you might remember the jacket from THIS POST}. I am sure I have mentioned this before, but I love when clothes have a history apart from mine. It makes wearing them all the more meaningful and successfully combining them even more awarding.  Don’t you think so?

Have a nice weekend!
ASPIRE HIGHER!
*hugs*
Dilek

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
OUTFIT DETAILS:
Jacket Pattern: Burdastyle magazine
Bag: Bershka
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||


Labels: