
Photography by
ON DAYS WHEN MULTITASKING IS a must, you
will probably find me dressed like this: a good structured blazer, a top, and a
pair of jeans or pants. Since from 365 days in a year, 364 of them are
multitasking days for me, you wouldn’t be wrong to call this look my “uniform”
or, as one of my friends dubbed it, “my signature look”. I know that a lot of
people categorize blazers as being formal, but with the right pieces and
accessories, you can always control whether a blazer will make your outfit look
dressy or casual.
Here I am wearing the
most recent blazer I have made in a more polished casual outfit. You would
think that red would make this blazer difficult to combine, but its cut and
length make it the perfect overlay piece for any outfit. So far I have worn it
with a floral skirt and a white shirt, with beige pants and a printed top, with
black pants and
a lace-printed silk top, and with a floral dress. I might not be going too far
when I say that I think I can wear it with almost anything in my wardrobe.
Whether self-made or
purchased, a blazer should always have a tailored fit. If you already read
about my love for
oversized knits then you can rightfully assume that I loved the oversized-blazer
trend from few years ago. But if anyone, especially a petite girl like me, asked
me about what type of blazer they should get, I would always advise them to go for
one that has a more tailored look like the one I am wearing in these photos. A
good tailored blazer is a timeless piece and what makes this particular model
special is the fact that it shrinks at the waist and then subtly follows the
shape of my hips, giving me that perfect hourglass shape. Since I have small
shoulders, I always prefer models that have more accentuated shoulders in order
to achieve that perfect balance.
How about you? What
kinds of blazers do you wear, or if not, would you consider incorporating them
in your wardrobe?
Thank you for reading!
ASPIRE HIGHER!
*hugs*
Dilek
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
OUTFIT DETAILS:
Blazer pattern : BurdaStyle Magazine, 2/2015
Top: LCWaikiki
Jeans: Mango
Heels: Zara
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Labels: featured, Outfit