PINK AND WHITE KNIT



Photography by
Natyra Xharavina

IF THERE IS SOMETHING I have never been then it is a procrastinator. Approaching deadlines tend to materialize in my head in the form of huge black shadows which I imagine standing behind me and poking me every time I decide to do something else. When I start something I like to see the end of it, the sooner the better.
Yet, I am quite the opposite when I am making clothes. I am overly ambitious, easily distracted, and suffer from I-want-to-do-everything-now syndrome which ultimately results in me starting too many projects at once. The fact that my social media feeds are flooded with fashion imagery doesn’t really help me much. Before I know it, I am shuffling bolts of fabric in the fabric store or touching every single yarn in the yarn store, looking a lot like the Hulk on a creative rampage. The only thing that stops me from going completely nuts is my budget.
But let’s not get the wrong idea about me. Despite my hectic creative process, I eventually {key word: eventually} manage to finish everything that I start, the only problem being the inability to finish with the same excitement I had started with. Take this knit I am wearing in the photos, for example.
I was at the yarn store with my mom two years ago, going through every yarn possible, when I decided that pink and white is what I want to go with. My mind was already set on making a waffle pattern on the front {which, by the way, after countless videos of delicious waffles I found out was called The Defined Diamonds Stitch } and I combined it with simple braids and horizontal ribs. THIS and THIS Instagram photos show how excited I was and how fast I progressed with knitting it. I finished the back, the front, and the right sleeve in a flash. Not sure why but I didn't finish the left sleeve and the collar that winter but I stuffed it in a bag and put it on a top shelf in my wardrobe which is like my personal lost-and-found department.
And it got found again…a year later.
Dare I say, I love how it came out? I already wore it a dozen times, but for these photos taken by a talented friend, I wanted to combine it with these white pants I made last summer and blogged about HERE, my favorite nude Zara heels, and my new Bershka mini bag. What do you think?
Now excuse me while I go back to put mouse traps and remove cobwebs in my lost-and-found department.

Have a nice start to your week!
Hugs, Dilek
ASPIRE HIGHER!





||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
OUTFIT DETAILS:
Pants Pattern: Burdastyle magazine, 10/2013
Bag: Bershka
Heels: Zara
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Labels: ,