SILKY SUMMER NIGHTS


AFTER GRADUATING FROM MY FIRST faculty back in June, I just couldn’t wait to do two things: get a well deserved rest and, once my batteries were recharged, start doing what I do best: making clothes. With few detours down the road, that’s exactly what I did.
When I first saw this silk fabric with printed lace on it, I was sure that I wanted to transform it into a flowy top perfect for cooler summer nights. During the two days I was sewing it, sporadic summer rains helped cool the weather down making it perfect for thin long-sleeved tops. After finishing it, however, the weather suddenly decided to change on me and got so heated that even the nights became unbearably hot.
Not the one to save clothes for special occasions due to my obsession with the gratifying feeling of wearing something for the first time, I decided to pair my new silk top with these leather shorts I made last summer and just go out for ice-cream together with a friend. Yet, since these photos were taken a little before sunset when the asphalt was still oozing heat, I realized that I probably should have kept this top new for a while longer. I guess long sleeves are long sleeves after all, regardless of the thickness of the fabric. Luckily, a cool breeze, like a hero, appeared right around twilight, somewhat fulfilling my imagined scenario of wearing a long-sleeved silk top on a cool summer night.

Clothes have a way of kick starting our imagination and leading us to contrive exciting and – inside our heads – highly probable scenarios about upcoming events. We end up imagining how we will look, feel, and act while wearing those clothes and, for the briefest moment, we are incredibly excited and happy. If you happen to share my luck, however, nothing will go exactly as you have planned it inside your head, which is okay because how fun would life be if everything went as planned?
Isn’t that right?

Thank you for reading!
ASPIRE HIGHER!
            Lots of love,
Dilek.


_______________________________________________________

O U T F I T   D E T A I L S:
Silk Top: My design // Shorts: Burdastyle //
Gladiator Heels: Mango // Bag: Zara
_______________________________________________________






Labels: