I WAS GOING THROUGH A CREATIVE SLUMP, throwing clothes on my
bed in search of something interesting to wear, when this nautical T-shirt
landed next to this pale green pencil skirt. I tilted my head, squinted, and
nodded to my imaginary stylist in approval. Usually, I have a very clean
aesthetic. For example, if I am wearing an elegant piece, I coordinate the rest
of my outfit to look elegant. Yet, as much as I love clean outfits, I have days
when I try to figure out what combo can give my look a bit of edge.
I am a die-hard fan of anything nautical so when I saw this
particular T-shirt in the store, I just had to have it… even though it belonged
in the men’s section. Among my friends, I am notorious for loving menswear so
they are not surprised when I abandon the women’s section and venture into the men’s
section. But the shop assistants always have a hard time figuring out why I
grab all these male clothes and run to the female changing rooms. I always feel
tempted to shout: “I am not a weird little
human! I just fight for gender equality!”
Don’t worry, I never do.
Well, you know what they say, if the shoe fits – or in my
case, if the T-shirt fits – buy it. And if you see another guy wearing it at the
same time as you, smile and tell him he has a great style. It’s not as
embarrassing as you may think it is.
Trust me…I know.
Thank
you for stopping by.
Dilek.