TO SAY THAT I WAS INCREDIBLY diligent the
days following the end of my exam week would be an understatement.
I engaged in
making this pair of dark gray culottes the very same day my exams ended
although I had sworn that I would do nothing but fall in a well-deserved sleep
after the whole ordeal was over. I stopped sewing these halfway and decided
that I wanted to update my mom’s wardrobe first, so I took apart an old pair of
pants she had and liked how they fit, and used them as a pattern to make her a
new pair. After that, I finished my culottes, finished this dusty pink top, finished
a beige jacket for my mom again, and I was about to start working on a pink
suit for myself when we decided that we are going to visit my hometown for the
weekend.
Seriously…what’s up with me and pink lately?
The weather in my hometown did a one eighty
and it went from terribly hot to brutally cold in the three days we were there, but I luckily got
to wear this outfit on the second day (Saturday) when the weather was transitioning
and was mildly warm. The sun and wind came and went during the time we spent
shooting these photos hence the reflection of light from the nearby parked cars
and the windblown hair.
When putting together this outfit, I had in
mind that “rule” that when wearing loose on the bottom you should wear tight on
the top, but disregarded it because I also couldn’t wait to wear this dusty
pink top I made. I personally like how this outfit turned out, don’t you?
Happy Monday, everyone!
ASPIRE HIGHER!
hugs,
Dilek
__________________________________
O U T F I T D E T A I L S:
// Top and Culottes: patterns from BurdaStyle Magazine //
Bag: Zara // Heels: similar HERE //
__________________________________
Labels: Outfit