PLAYING WITH PLAID

난데없이 이 트렌드를 좋아하는 나.
(Out of nowhere, I like this trend)

TO US STUDENTS, A FREE Friday on our academic schedule is as priceless as gold (Koreans don't call it 금요일 (금 = gold) for nothing ^^). Personally,  I like going out on Fridays during daytime to just blow out some steam that has accumulated throughout the previous 4 days. Casually dressed in comfortable ankle wedge boots, a gray/camel combo, and a fun plaid jacket, this Friday I enjoyed just walking around with a friend and breathing in the pollute-- I mean fresh downtown air. It was an extremely humid Friday hence the messy swept-up-in-a-ponytail-in-hopes-to-look-decent hair.
I will be honest and say that I wasn't particularly crazy about plaid before it became a huge trend these past two years. My non-existent collection of plaid shirts can attest to that. However, nowadays I am planning on stacking more plaid into my wardrobe just because it’s a no-brainer ingredient to a recipe for effortless and casual outfits.
The jacket I am seen wearing here is one I made almost a year ago. My mom and I had purchased together this fabric on one of those days when she is in the mood and decides to buy the last 5 meters of the fabric bolt. I love those days. Half of this plaid fabric went into making this jacket and the other half went into making a spring/autumn weather-appropriate overcoat for my mom. So basically, if we decide to wear them together, we can go back to the past when she used to make us matching shirts that no one else had! See how our roles switched? Now I am doing the making and she is doing the wearing.
Anyone else out there who suddenly decided they liked plaid? Or have you always been a fan/anti-fan of it?

Thank you for reading and have a great start to your week!
ASPIRE HIGHER!
hugs,
Dilek
______________________________
O U T F I T  D E T A I L S:

Jacket pattern: Burdastyle //  Bag: Zara //  
______________________________








Labels: