NOTHING CALLS MORE FOR A sigh of relief than the end of exam week. Being a double major I also do the occasional "roll over and pretend you are dead for another week" aka "sleep till you forget which year you are in". But not this time. This time I did another 1 day marathon where I traveled straight after my exams to my hometown and ran from an appointment at the dentist, to an appointment with my cosmetician, to an appointment with my hairstylist, and to an appointment...I mean meeting with my friends. Funny thing, I have been living in the capital for 6 years and counting and I still have been unable to find a proper dentist, cosmetician, and hairstylist here.
The year in the title of this post is the year when my grandfather bought this cape coat for my mom. She always likes to emphasize the quality of the clothes she wore during her youth, while adding that today you can rarely find craftsmanship and quality coupled together. I wouldn't necessarily agree, but the woman is right when it comes to her clothes. While wearing this cape coat, I frequently get asked when and where I had bought it. It looks absolutely new! Since I make all the coats I wear, I haven't bought one in 7 years. Not one fabric I have purchased throughout those 7 years has come near to this cape coat's quality.
I love finding pieces in my mom's closet and reinventing them to look more contemporary.
WHAT ABOUT YOU?
All of that put aside, I wore this cape coat with my Mango jeans and sweater and my trusty Bershka ankle boots which I know, I know, I tend to wear all the time. I had originally planned to wear a white fancy-schmancy shirt with see-through sleeves and high heels, but the weather was so cold that I opted for warmth and comfort because I knew that I would end up jumping from one appointment and running to another. I love such no-brainer outfits that you can quickly pack and pull out while travelling.
Have a great start to your week, loves, and don't forget to
ASPIRE HIGHER!.
lots of love,
Dilek
Labels: Outfit