
제가 직접 만든 옷을 입을때 제일 행복해요.
(I am the happiest when wearing clothes that I have made myself)
WHEN I WAS YOUNGER, I USED to have a trench coat that I wore incessantly during transitional seasons, and ever since it reached its full potential - and by full potential I mean the point where I couldn't fix the worn-out parts anymore - I haven't owned another one. Its nickname was - and I am not sure why - "the detective coat". Back then I believed that I was a hat and a pipe short from being a true Sherlock Holmes.
Quick pause here:
Anyone here a fan of BBC's Sherlock Homes series, by the way? Let me know so we can discuss the awesomeness.
After I stopped wearing it, I wanted to make a new trench coat - several of them to be exact but time is such a constraint to a double-program student - and I finally got to finish one last weekend. Although I primarily wanted to make it beige or pink, I settled on this houndstooth fabric when I saw it at the store, primarily because it has 0.000001% wrinkling tendency and because, well, I wanted it to be unique.
So yes, this is my twist on the classical trench coat.
I still want to make more trench coats but as I glance at my pile of fabrics waiting for their turn, I realize that it might take a while. I hope that happens sometime before I get grandchildren.
P.S. Two days ago, a fashion-world pillar and one of my favorite fashion designers, Oscar de la Renta, passed away. His talent and his kindness will be sorely missed. :'(
ASPIRE HIGHER!
*hugs*
Dilek.
______________________________
O U T F I T D E T A I L S:
Trench Coat and Pants patterns: Burdastyle // Top: Tera Nova // Ankle Boots: Berska // Belt: Oriflame
______________________________
Labels: Outfit