REPORTING FOR DUTY













네, 네, 살아있습니다! 그 동안 잘 지냈어요?
(Yes, yes, I'm alive. How have you been?)

Well, well, well… Look who has finally crawled out an Internet-less hole and into a week of constant back-aching sewing. Before summer started, my naïve intention was to leave behind an arduous semester and dive into a free-time filled summer in which I would bombard you with outfit posts and current projects. As the date of my previous post suggests, however, that was not the case as I finished sewing countless of garments, took a camping trip to a lake with my parents, and I shamelessly documented none of it. 

Bad blogger. 

By the time I was back, my friends who help me shoot photos were all on their merry way out the border and into some tropical place, which left me utterly helpless in the #ootd department. 

Sigh. Tough luck.

On a more ironical note, yours truly, who is a proclaimed insane internet addict by her mother, actually believed that not activating 3G on her phone and just taking the time to ‘bond with mother nature’ would be a spectacular idea. It was, until, of course, my hands started shaking, fingers nervously shuffling images on my S4. These were my Internet withdrawal symptoms. Pathetic, I know. Luckily, I was smart enough to pack a HB pencil!, a bunch of A4 papers, and a pint-sized package of colored pencils, all put to good use as I rekindled my love for drawing portraits (HERE is one I Instagrammed), and reaffirmed that I love making clothes more than sketching them. 

I guess that's my inner Mondo. 

Quite honestly, heavy rain was the last thing I expected during my summer vacation, but I was grateful for the serene atmosphere it created, despite the deafening thunderstorm that came with it. That’s what I call a perfect example of nature’s dark fury. I always love the wet gravel smell that rain creates, but now it was pleasantly intensified by the smell of the lake and the sandy beaches. 

While the heaven and earth combined in one splashing gray mess, I was still sitting at the outdoor table, reading Last Night at Chateau Marmont by Lauren Weisberger. All bundled up in my sweats, I thought about shooting some outfit photos during my vacation, but shrugged that thought off my head as I realized that most of my beach outfits consisted of the usual top and shorts or a maxi dress. 

Nothing groundbreaking.

I had originally brought three books with me. The previously mentioned one was great. The second one was a sequel so I couldn’t make heads or tails of it. The third one was so bad, I contemplated throwing it out the window, but didn’t because then I would have to pay for it. 

So, there you have it loves, a brief explanation for my absence. I am pouring my hopes into a future of more frequent updates, mostly because I love sharing what I sew and how I wear it. Speaking of sewing, in this post I am wearing a top I made two days ago, and that pair of leather shorts I Instagrammed. This top, when let loose, covers my shorts, and, when making it, I kept in mind my wish to have a top that will go perfect with leggings.Oh, and my Mango sandals have become my no.1 companions. 

Sorry to inform you that you will be seeing a lot more of them.

Thank you for reading, loves. Comments are much appreciated! ^^
ASPIRE HIGHER!
lots of love,
Dilek


_____________________________
O U T F I T  D E T A I L S:

Top:  sewn by me // Leather Shorts:  sewn by me, pattern from Burdastyle magazine // Sandals:  Mango Platform Gladiator Sandals // Sunglasses: Tera Nova //  
______________________________

Labels: