PINK IN THE MAKING




핑크!
(Pink!)

         TO SAY THAT I HAVE solely focused on studying for my finals these past two weeks would be a lie of monumental proportions. The truth is, even though dead-drop busy with mounting material for studying, I still found time to start working on this pink beauty. At the fabric shop, I finally tested my bargaining abilities when I cajoled the sales lady into giving me a discount on the last 1m and something of this dusty pink fabric. Actually... none of that happened: I just got lucky that the sales lady knows me for being a religious buyer and that it was the last remaining piece she would have otherwise thrown in the pile of leftover fabrics. (my bargaining skills are non-existent. Every time I venture into such an endeavor, I end up shrinking to the size of a mouse.)
         
           Regardless.
         I still got this beautiful fabric for a lot less than its worth and turned it into the perfect easy-breezy summer dress. Although I would wish more to post photos wearing this dress instead of making it, alas, I can't. I still have hems to cut, buttons to sew on it, and a belt to make. As you can see, the dress in the magazine (#BurdaStyle sewing magazine) has no belt, but since the design is a bit of a straight fit, I find it more flattering wrapping a belt to define my waist.  






Thank you for reading, loves!
ASPIRE HIGHER!
 lots of love,
Dilek



Labels: