착한 여자는요? 아니에요.
(A good girl? I'm not.)
WHEN A GIRL GROWS UP surrounded by more than a sufficient amount of testosterone, she tends to want to retain that manly power even after she grows up. She wants to look ladylike, but never does she want to be mistaken as fragile or inept from the men around her.
Or maybe that is just me. I was never one of those girls who sought protection from guys, even though more often than not, older males did loom around me like sentinels. Still, this predominantly well-behaved girl did know how to defend herself when alone. Not in the delinquent kind of way, of course, but more in the you-insult-me-I-kick-you-in-the-nuts kind of way.
How were you as a child?
My style has evolved more or less the same way as my character has. Now that I entered my twenties, I no longer want to be told that in my baby photos I look like a unisex baby - a 'compliment' from a primary school teacher - but more like a girl that looks put together. Nowadays, I feel sorry for my mom whose insistent attempts to persuade me to wear more girly clothes during my childhood fell on my deaf ears. Still, even though I now gravitate towards the "pink" side, a great portion of that stubbornness seems to prevail in my style as I simply cannot let go of the edgy and emerge myself in the feminine. In this outfit, you can see me wearing a soft top which, when sewing it, I thought it needed an extra boost... hence the hand-sewn lace. Since the weather has been continuously exhibiting schizophrenic symptoms, I threw on my newly-made menswear-inspired black blazer to toughen up this look.
I did, however, start to work on some dresses. I will slowly cross to the girly side. But not just yet.
Rome was not built in a day!
On another note, Sundays are definitely created for walks with friends. Just like last Sunday, this one as well was passed with a friend who is on
THIS list. I can brag about her for days, but since this blog mainly revolves around fashion, all you need to know is that she has a charmingly eclectic style which positively surprises me every time I see her, and when she is in the mood for it, no one can master bohemian chic better than her.
Period.
Exclamation mark for emphasis.
P.S. If you are curious about her, keep scrolling down!
Hope you have a nice start to your week, loves! Let me hear from you more!
ASPIRE HIGHER!
lots of love,
Dilek
And this is Biljana, the friend I talked about. ^^
Labels: Outfit