O U T F I T D E T A I L S:
Coat: Old // Sweater: Mango // Pants: Burda Style; 7/2012; model: 130 // Ankle Boots: Bershka // Watch: Oriflame // Jewlery: 1. short necklace: Accessorize; 2. long necklace: DIY; 3. Rings: real gold // Bag: Moschino // Sunglasses: Tera Nova // Hat: by mommy <3
____________________________________________________________________________________________
…WAS NOT MEANT TO BE OVERSIZED. My mom always says that fashion is like a wheel that keeps turning and makes you regret for throwing away that piece that is now in trend (Midi skirts and crop tops are just some examples). Sometimes I feel that it’s the hoarder within her speaking that came with 8 years of unemployment from ’92 till the new millennium, but when I wear this coat I realize the wisdom in her reasoning. Had I worn this coat three years ago, people would instantly gossip about how I rummaged through my mom’s closet - which I did, but that is not relevant to my point – and played dress up. But now that oversized coats are trending, people are more likely to ask me where I got it. Either way, this lipstick red coat has become one of my ‘vintage’ staples, and for a student who has to change 4 buses a day to make her way to university and back, it’s a darn comfortable one.
The black pants I'm wearing here are my favorite pair and I have been wanting to make another identical pair, but the store I had originally bought this black fabric from doesn't sell it anymore. Oh, and another thing: these photos were actually taken at the beginning of my exam week back in January, hence my panda eyes. When I reviewed these shots later at home, I realized that my hat was a bit misplaced and that my head looks like a mushroom, but I couldn't care less since it was my friend’s first attempt at being my personal photographer and I still have to train her to tell me these things.
Have a nice start to your week and don't forget to always
ASPIRE HIGHER!
Lots of love,
Dilek
Labels: Outfit