A WALK IN THE PARK





     WHAT DOES AN ALMOST HEALTHY person wants to wear after they cease being an incubator for bacteria? Something that is comfortable yet feels stylish enough. I cannot say that I gave this outfit a lot of thought. For me, creams are comfort and the easiest way to pull together an outfit ASAP! in the mornings. As a contrast to the bright midday sun you see in these photos, the morning had given me the illusion that it would be a gloomy, rainy day hence the intensive cold-preventive layering. This plaid jacket I made last week while still in my hometown may appear flimsy to you, but trust me, it has wool in it. In addition, this camel coat is one of my go to coats when the weather decides to freeze us to death. It's safe to say that I was still having post traumatic stress due to my cold and just wanted to prevent my body from relapsing. So you can imagine my dismay when the weather decided to be menopausal and play it both insanely hot and chillingly cold in brief intervals. Put my coat on - too hot. Drape it over my shoulders - still warm. Take it off - that damn cold wind!
     On another note, I just realized that for some tomorrow is Valentines Day. (Not easy to miss all those "Gift ideas for her/him" posts, now is it?) For me, on the other hand, is a school-free Friday which means grabbing a friend and going to the mall to buy myself something well-deserved. Or, you know, something I can afford on my student budget haha. 
    What I really want to know is what is the first thing you reach for after surviving an awful cold? Feel free to leave links to outfits!

Love birds - Happy Valentines Day
Single mates - ROCK AN AWESOME OUTFIT TOMORROW!
ASPIRE HIGHER!
Lots of love,
Dilek


O U T F I T D E T A I L S:

Coat: I sewed from Burda Modemagazin 1/2007; model:121 // Plaid jacket: I sewed from Burda Style; 8/2011; Model: 117C // Jeans: New Yorker (old) Shirt: old

Labels: